Careers at Linear Retail
Current Job Opening: Real Estate Analyst
Linear Retail Properties, LLC is a dynamic real estate investment and operating company with a portfolio of 70 properties and market value of $500 Million. Linear is seeking a real estate analyst to support its retail acquisition efforts and the management of its growing portfolio of shopping centers and other retail properties in New England.
- Financial Modeling: Underwrite retail investment opportunities using ARGUS discounted cash flow models and other financial analyses using Excel. Proficiency in Argus and Excel is required.
- Due Diligence Support: Engage and coordinate third party due diligence consultants (i.e. environmental, physical condition, survey, etc.). Conduct municipal and seller file review as directed; review and abstract leases and other legal documents; perform local market research and competition studies; maintain organization of due diligence materials; review property level financial statements; and, conduct other web and database research as needed in support of new property acquisitions.
- Analysis Support Materials: Prepare maps, aerials, demographic reports, photos and other such material for both analysis and presentation purposes.
- Investment Presentations: Draft investment summaries for investment committee review and approval.
- Asset Management Support: Assist the leasing and asset management teams as needed on market and portfolio analyses; annual budgets and property expense reviews; and, tenant and lease prospect research.
- Database Management: Manage Linear’s web-based real estate resource subscriptions, such as Loopnet, CoStar and MLS. Maintain sale and lease comparable databases and other pertinent property information.
- Research and Special Projects: Provide support to various Linear Retail team members as needed on special projects. Creative, problem-solving and “detective” skills required.
The analyst will report directly to the Partner – Acquisitions and will work closely on a daily basis with Linear Retail’s acquisitions, asset management, leasing and financial staff.
The position will expose the analyst to a full spectrum of duties within a professional real estate organization involving most facets of the company’s operations. The position demands a very dedicated, hard-working person with good people skills and the ability to prioritize, multi-task, work efficiently and enjoy a sometimes chaotic environment. Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability, at times, to execute with limited guidance from supervisor.
The analyst position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with training in business, accounting and finance, plus two to five years of directly relevant real estate work experience. An MBA degree or CPA designation would be a plus. Candidates must have working knowledge of basic real estate finance. Solid analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Experience with ARGUS is necessary and Microsoft Access proficiency is highly desirable.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter explaining why he or she is the right person for the position to:
No phone calls please.